Anti Plagiarism

29 November 2010

Chicken in Olive Oil with Salsa

Chicken, a great main ingredient for so many meals. As much as I love fried chicken, I try to stay away from it, especially chicken skin. Looking for something new to eat aside from the usual KFC, I stumbled on El Pollo Loco in Megamall one time. From the first time I tasted their chicken, I got hooked! Unfortunately though, I can't go to Megamall that often, so I decided to take matters into my own hands and experiment, try to make something that's healthy just like the grilled chicken that I've had.

What you need

(for the chicken)
500 grams of Chicken Breast (fillet)
2 medium tomatoes diced
1 medium bulb onion diced
2 to 3 stalks of wansoy (English name= Chinese Parsley, Coriander or Cilantro) or kinchay (parsley)
1 small pack of magic sarap
1/2 cup water
5 tablespoons Olive Oil

(for the salsa)
5 to 8 medium sized tomatoes diced
1 medium bulb onion
5 stalks of wansoy (English name= Chinese Parsley, Coriander or Cilantro) or kinchay (parsley)
5 pieces of chili pepper
1 teaspoon of salt (amount of salt is dependent on how salty you want to make it)

How to do it

Boil the chicken breast fillet in water, with tomatoes, onions, herbs, and magic sarap. Wait until the chicken is tender and make sure that it's dry.
Put the flame on low heat and add the olive oit, sear the chicken.


For the salsa:

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill. Personally, I like my salsa chunky.


After the chicken has been seared, put on a plate and serve with the chilled salsa. If you want to serve it taco style, shred some lettuce head, grate some cheese and voila! served with taco shells, it tastes great!

This dish goes well with
-tortilla
-pan de sal
-taco shells
- or rice

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.

My Yummy Sunday Post