Anti Plagiarism

21 May 2010

Food Trip Friday: Veggie Fiesta Medley

This dish was cooked by a friend of mine. She made it during the fiesta here at home and served it to us when she invited us over for lunch. I fell in love with this new taste and asked her how she made it. She shared the recipe with me and the first time I made it on my own, I made a few twists to give it my personal touch.



What you need:

1/2 squash cubed
1 can of whole corn kernels
1 small can mushrooms (drain the water and cut the mushrooms in half)
2 medium eggplants sliced
1 medium red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
3 to 5 tablespoons of chopped parsley
1/2K ground chicken breast
1 pouch tomato sauce
5 cloves of garlic crushed
1 medium bulb of onion chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil (cooking oil will do if you don't have any)


What to do:

1. Saute the garlic and onion in the pre-heated pan with cooking oil.
2. When the onion is caramelized, put the chicken in and wait till it is cooked.
3. Put the squash, cover the pan and wait for the squash to be cooked (2 mins approximately)
4. Add the corn and mushrooms, simmer for 1 minute
5. Mix in the eggplants, bell pepper and 3 tablespoons parsley. Cover the pan and wait again for 1 minute.
6. Finally, put the tomato sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
7. You're DONE!!!

Time to serve this vegetable medley...



...Put it on a plate, garnish it with the remaining parsley, serve and enjoy!

It goes well with steamed rice, garlic rice or you can eat it on its own for a light dinner.

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted in Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.