Anti Plagiarism

24 May 2010

From Antipolo to Quezon City Food Trip

On our way home from Morong, Rizal, we passed by this side road restaurant in Antipolo, City. Being my hubby and I were hungry since we haven't eaten anything and it was almost 5PM, we decided to stop by and grab a quick bite.

Photobucket

When we got out of the car, here is what we saw first. The skyline of Metro Manila, including the Pasig-Ortigas area. It would have been a good sight at night, unfortunately we weren't able to see it.

Photobucket

Going inside the restaurant

Photobucket

Romeo's serve traditional Filipino food and some Japanese dishes. We had the rice toppings, mine was the Oyakudon (chicken) and hubby had Katsudon (Pork). The service crew took our orders and we waited for the food. While waiting, I noticed that the place was quiet and it was really cozy. A very nice place to relax after a long drive.

Here comes the food:

My drink: Fresh Ripe Mango Shake

Photobucket

It was heavenly! No milk, no other things mixed in with it, just pure mango bliss! There were also chunks on mango inside the shake. Refreshing!

The food bowl:

Photobucket
Katsudon

Photobucket
Oyakudon

At first I thought it was delicious, but when my tummy started getting full and my hunger satiated, I noticed the utter lack in difference between what hubby ate and what I had. They tasted the same! Add to it the lack in flavor. I would say it's only edible, most especially when you are really hungry. Maybe it could have been solved by liquid seasoning, which was not available to us that time.

Our next stop: Quezon City

We were looking for out of the way dessert bars when we chanced by this place along A. Roces Avenue in Quezon City.

Photobucket

We went inside the restaurant and looked at the menu. What we ordered

Photobucket
Beef Strganoff - they had a choice between fettucine and rice. We had the one with the pasta.

I was disappointed, the pasta was runny, the sauce was quite thin. There was something lacking in the flavor. To rate it I'd give it a 4/10

According to the name, it's a cafe, most certainly cafes serve desserts. We decided to try their Kiss Suite and Sansrival

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kiss Suite from left to right Devil's Food Cake, Dayap Cake and Kahlua Cake

Okay the suite wasn't expensive. It was a sampler of their "popular" cakes. Here's my opinion: The Devil's Food Cake's frosting wasn't much, it was a little crunchy like toasted mallows. The cake was dry and the chocolate was just there for color but not much for flavor. The Dayap Cake, all I could think of at the moment I ate it was "where's the dayap flavor?" and the Kahlua Cake was way too sweet!

Photobucket
Sansrival

It got the wafer texture of the sansrival cake right. Although, the taste was overpowered by butter and an orange tang, not what I expect from Sansrival. Again, I'll rate it as 4/10.

If you're asking what we had for drinks? We ordered their refillable iced tea. Which by the way was a little too much on the self-service side. They gave us a glass of iced tea and when I say iced tea, that's all it was. No lemon flavor, no sugar, no nothing, just plain jane iced tea. The tea comes with a very small calamansi that you have to juice into the glass. To sweeten it, you have to put some caramel into your drink (I call it caramel because I don't know if it's sugared water cooked into a thick caramel, but it's definitely not honey since it doesn't have the aroma.)

Last Saturday's dining experience was not as I hoped it to be. But, I would say that the day was well spent since hubby and I had the chance to bond on joy ride to different places.



Photobucket




Photobucket