Anti Plagiarism

11 June 2010

Chicken Pochero

It's time to share food from my kitchen again!

I really love to cook. I feel so incomplete if I don't stay in the kitchen whipping up somethin ordinary. Here's my recipe for Chicken Pochero, which my mom handed down to me 17years ago.

What you need

1K Chicken breast
1 big can of pork and beans
1/2 cabbage cut into 4 sections
(optional vegetable - string beans about 1/4K)
3 tablespoons cooking oil
3 cloves of garlic
1 medium bulb onion chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Photobucket



How to make it

1. Saute garlic and onion in oil
2. Put in the chicken after the onion is caramelized (clear)
3. Cover the pan to make sure that the blood in the chicken's bones are cooked.
4. Add the pork and beans when the chicken is tender, simmer for 5 minutes
5. Add salt and pepper to taste

Top it with the steamed vegetables and serve.

*I like to steam the vegetables, it keeps it crisp. When you add the vegetables while simmering, it ends up soggy.


Photobucket

Photobucket