Anti Plagiarism

08 October 2010

French Baker A Great Dining Experience

Last Sunday hubby and I decided that instead of going out to different places, we'll just go around and look for the best food that we can find, afford and eat.

After walking around in Cubao, we landed in Megamall for dinner. We chose French Baker as our dining destination.

In their extensive list of food items on their menu, we ordered Soup in a Bread Bowl for starters

The soup was chicken soup for the soul, or at least that's how we looked and still look at it. The soup was served warm not hot, so we were able to eat it at once.

For his main dish, he ordered pasta carbonara. Couldn't help but take a bite. It tasted as great as the presentation!

For my dinner, I opted for something light. It's like a croissant, with chicken a la king, buttered corn and carrots and fresh salad.


The chicken a la king is to die for. It was creamy, but light. Not the usual white sauce that seems so creamy and heavy. The buttered corn and carrots complemented my food so much that it tasted as if it was the best ever. Then lastly the salad. The vinegrette tasted sweet and sour. The veggies were cruchy and the mangoes on top made it so mouth watering that if I had time and my tummy could have accommodated it, I would have ordered the salad again.

For drinks, we had the mint lemonade


Refreshing, without the taste of sugar. The taste reminded me of freshly squeezed lemons and the mint cleansed my palate which made me appreciate the food even more.

The service, the crew were friendly and courteous.

The ambiance, for something located inside a mall, there's nothing to complain about.

Value for money, easy on the pockets. We only paid less than Php500 (five hundred pesos) for everything on our table.

Recommendations: It's a place worth checking out especially if you're quite on a budget.

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.