Anti Plagiarism

08 October 2010

Stir fried veggies with tofu

In my goal to lose weight, I scoured my Food Magazine copies for a recipe that is not only delicious, but healthy as well.

I found a recipe called stir-fried vegetables with fried tofu. I only got an inspiration from the magazine and added twists and turns to the recipe. Here's what I did:


Ingredients:

3 blocks of tofu (diced and deep fry in oil with no transfat of your choice)
1 medium broccoli head (take stems out)
1/4 Kg of snow peas
1 medium green bell pepper diced
coriander
1/2 tablespoon of non-fat butter
1 head of garlic minced and toasted
1 onion chopped finely
salt and pepper to taste

For the sauce

1 cup of vegetable broth
1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup of broth
soy sauce
sugar, salt and pepper to taste

What to do:

1. Boil the vegetables for 2 minutes (drain and reserve broth for sauce)
2. In a pan, put 1 tablespoon of oil and saute onion, mix all the vegetables in it, add the butter
3. After 2 minutes add the deep fried tofu and coriander and stir fry for another minute.

For the sauce:

Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the broth, add soy sauce, salt, pepper to taste. Boil until it thickens.


Serve the veggies with sauce and top it with toasted garlic. Enjoy it as is or you can choose to eat rice with it.

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.