Anti Plagiarism

12 November 2010

The Cookbook Kitchen in Eastwood City

My friend has been telling me to try this restaurant for the longest of times. He told me to go to their branch in Mandaluyong, but also reminded me to make a reservation first before showing up.

Hubby and I decided to go to Eastwood last weekend and to my surprise, they had a Cookbook Kitchen branch there, which my friend does not know of.

We went down the cab and made a beeline straight to CBK. (CBK Eastwood is located across The Palazzo near Orchard Road).


Photobucket



When we were first sat down, I immediately felt discomfort. It's not because the chairs were uncomfortable. It's more of the fact that there was a group near our seat that was very VERY NOISY. If there's one thing that I don't like about a group of people inside a restaurant is when they start talking as if they're standing miles away from each other, screaming and yelling to draw attention to them. I like enjoying my meals and a noisy bunch of people does make on lose focus on the food on the table.


Photobucket



We changed tables, which the staff was just glad to do for us. And we proceeded to order our food. For starters, we had their Creamy Tomato Soup. Our verdict, thumbs up! It wasn't sweet with sugar, it only had the natural sweetness of tomatoes and the cream was not thick. Along with the tomato soup was a piece of bread which only made the soup more tasty.

Hubby for his main meal decided on Spicy Italian Sausage with its own dip


Photobucket




Photobucket



He gave me a few slices of the sausage and there's nothing to complain about it. It wasn't too spicy to the point that's the only thing you can taste. And the tip made from tomatoes, heavenly!

I chose this for my main course


Photobucket



Crusted Parmesian Fish with rice. The first few bites of the fish were good, but at a certain point, I only tasted the cheese and not enough of the fish. I wouldn't say it was bad, but it wasn't anything spectacular either.

If there's one thing that I could say, they should lessen the cheese a bit and let the taste of the fish and the other ingredients come out. I wasn't too satisfied with it, that's why I kept asking for my hubby for some slices of his sausage. (You'll get tired of the cheese after a few bites of it. Nakakaumay in the vernacular. It's like eating pasta with way toooooooo much cheese.)

Would I still recommend the Cookbook Kitchen? YES
The fish? If you're willing to try something new, try it at your own risk
The Italian Sausage? Thumbs up for this one
The Creamy Tomato Soup? Thumbs and Toes Up for this one
The price? We paid Php700 for the whole meal, not bad.
The ambiance? Make sure that you're ready to deal with some noisy customers, should there be any. The place isn't that big, so you'll definitely hear people seated at the nearest table to you talking. But if they're screaming and yelling, be prepeared to cover your ears.

If you want to make reservations at their Mandaluyong Branch, visit The Cookbook Kitchen's site to get the number and the directions on how to get there.