Anti Plagiarism

03 December 2010

Adobo sa Gata - Chicken in Coconut Milk

I first came across recipes for adobo sa gata a few years back. My mom loves making this using fish, but this time I decided that I want to make it my own recipe. I used chicken instead of fish and boy, was it yummy!


What you'll need

1K of chicken breast fillet (or any other chicken part of your preference)
5 pieces of cayenne pepper chopped finely or 2 tablespoons of powdered cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon whole black pepper
1 teaspoon of grated yellow ginger
1 cup of thick coconut milk
2 tablespoons of vinegar (add more depending on your taste)
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 small onion cut into four
3 tablespoons of olive oil or any cooking oil of your choice
salt and pepper to taste

What to do

1. Brown the chicken in a pan, on medium heat.
2. After the chicken has turned brown, add vinegar, salt, pepper (whole and grounded), cayenne pepper, garlic, onion and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes on low heat.
3. Add the coconut extract/milk and simmer for 5 minutes or until the coconut milk turns to oil.


4. Serve with steamed rice and Enjoy

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.