Anti Plagiarism

03 December 2010

The Chocolate Kiss Cafe My Experience

We came from Antipolo one day last May and since we had our own transportation that time, we decided to look for a nook where we can have dessert.

We found The Chocolate Kiss Cafe along A. Roces Avenue and decided to try their cakes

Photobucket


My take on their cakes

Photobucket


The sansrival had the right texture, but definitely not the taste. It was way too buttery and there was this tang of orange that I really didn't like.

Their sample platter of cakes

Photobucket


The size was just too small and well, the taste, it's something that you can forget. Not spectacular and there's nothing special to them, for me it tasted like something that I can buy from any other cheaper bakeshop.

The Devil's Food Cake's frosting wasn't much, it was a little crunchy like toasted mallows. The cake was dry and the chocolate was just there for color but not much for flavor. The Dayap Cake, all I could think of at the moment I ate it was "where's the dayap flavor?" and the Kahlua Cake was way too sweet!

Overall, the experience was not that good. The service, kinda slow, their iced tea, let's just say that you have to mix your own tea. They gave us one piece of calamansi for their refillable serving, like that's going to last. And the honey they gave, it wasn't pure, it tasted more like sugared water with a drop of honey, it didn't have that sweet pleasant smell.

Maybe it's just me, but since I love desserts and when I say I love them, that means I go to places with desserts and try them all the time. This one was just not for me. And to be honest, after this experience with taste and service, I'm not willing to go back there any time soon nor am I tempted to visit their other branches.