Anti Plagiarism

10 December 2010

Jatujak Mall of Asia - A taste of Thai Cuisine

Eversince I started blogging about food and reviewing restaurants and their services, hubby and I became more picky on the places where we want to eat. Last weekend was no exception. We went to MOA quite hungry, but we walked around the area where the restaurants are until we finally decided to give Jatujak a try.


The restaurant is located at the second floor, bay area side near the cinema. It's quite easy to miss since it is small and if there was no one out front wearing a uniform, we would not have given the place much thought.

When we went inside, the restaurant was quite warm. I think the restaurant just opened that time. I asked the crew if we could transfer to an area near the airconditioner and they gladly obliged. We got the menu and these are the things that we ordered.




The vegetables were cooked just the way I like them, not soggy but not too crunchy to the point that you'll ask someone if they really cooked the thing. It was a curry dish and for someone who likes to eat curry, this one surprised me a lot. I never knew vegetables and tofu cooked curry style would taste that good. Another inspiration for my healthy cooking recipe.

It was served last and it was steaming, fresh out of the pan. I wouldn't say it was spectacular, but I wouldn't call it bland either. It was just right, not too spicy too. Although I kinda wished it was, since for me curry should be on the spicy side.


Our rice was one of the well known varieties of Thai dishes, Thai Bagoong Rice. This one was good! The Bagoong was not salty and the shredded eggs and green mangoes hit the spot. What I loved the most were the fresh onions and cucumber that were on the sides of the rice. It meant that I could choose to put the onions along with the bagoong and the rest of what was on the plate if I wanted them.



And here is what really made my lunch worth waiting for. The crispy pork with cilantro garnish. What can I say? When it was first served, I thought, hey, it's effing dry! No condiments, not even vinegar? Phew! But when I started to dig into it, I found out that the condiment was at the bottom of the pile of pork. The great thing about it was that, it didn't make the pork soggy. So there I was looking at the pork and heaving some tomatoes, onions and cucumber slices along with the vinegar dip onto my plate. And when I tried it with the rice, I was instantly transported to food heaven.

The pork wasn't salty and the vinegar dip complemented the whole thing. I was a happy camper that time.


And with the food adventure comes the curiosity about their signature drink. I had the Thai Iced Tea. I can't put my finger on the exact flavor that they used, but it was definitely something new to the palate. Did I like it? YES and NO. Yes, because it was something new and it tasted good. NO, because there was just way tooooooo much ice inside the glass that it made it hard for me to take a sip and drink my iced tea. I only wish they lessened the ice a bit.

Overall, the Jatujak experience was really good and I would love to go to their other branches located in Megamall and SM North sometime soon. And for everything that we ate, we paid a little over Php700 or roughly $12. I can't wait to go to another Thai restaurant to compare prices and of course the food and service. Hmmm, maybe on Saturday I should try that Thai restaurant that my friend keeps telling me about. Time for another foodie adventure!








Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.