Anti Plagiarism

23 December 2010

The Mango Tree Bistro Experience

I apologize if I wasn't able to join any food memes last Friday because of some responsibilities that I had to attend to.

This week, let me give you a review of one of the newest Thai restaurants in Quezon City, Mango Tree Bistro. The restaurant is located on the third floor of Trinoma mall beside Powerbooks. It opened its doors to Filipinos last October 11th. It originated from Bangkok, Thailand and it now has branches in several international locations including Tokyo in Japan, Macau, Dubai, Kuching, Busan and Kuching and its newest baby, the restaurant here in the Philippines.

The ambiance of the restaurant is relaxing and the crew members were prompt in leading us to a table and giving us the menu.

Photobucket
Mango Tree Bistro Entrance from the Third Floor Deck


From the photos alone when you open the menu, you might be tempted to order everything that you see.

Photobucket


Although the dishes had their Thai names written on the menu, it was not hard to place our orders since there was description under every item to help one decide which one to order.

What we had were the following:

Hubby ordered the Garlic Shrimp

The thing that I loved most about it is that it was juicy. There was enough garlic for the dish to live up to its name, but there was also enough juice from the shrimp so that its flavor won't be overpowered by the garlic in the dish. It wasn't spicy too, so for those who would love to try Thai food without the tongue burning spicy taste, I would recommend that you try this one out. From how it was served, I would definitely say that it's kid friendly too.

My choice was the chicken in green curry sauce. I LOVED every bite of it. The smooth curry sauce with the chicken fillet was marvelous! It was mildly spicy, there were chopped finger chilis in it, as well as some chopped cayenne pepper. If you're not into spicy food, you might still find this dish just with the right amount of spice. It wouldn't make you run towards the crew member asking for a glass of water.

For drinks, hubby had regular lemon ice tea and I got the Thai Ice Tea.



Comparing it with the one from Jatujak, this was waaaaaay better. I was able to quench my thirst, enjoy its unique flavor without gagging on bits of shaved ice.

Okay, we were full from what we ate, but I can't pass off on dessert, can I? So we decided to have the simplest dessert available.

It's sago with sweetened coconut milk.

Gross? No, NOT A BIT! It was delicious! I must say though that we were taken aback when it was served. I'm so used to having cold dessert that this warm glass of sago surprised me a bit.

The best thing about it, it wasn't tooooo sweet. We were able to enjoy the coconut milk, the sago and the added flavor that it had, which I finally realized was a touch of mint on the dessert. I'd like to have a glass of it again.

The verdict:
Food Quality: 10/10
Efficiency of service: 10/10 - they were fast in delivering our food on our table, the crew member who served us even led us out to the smoking section where he served our dessert with two glasses of ice cold water.
Ambiance: 9/10 - I have to say that if you're using an ordinary digital camera, you might have a little difficulty in taking the photos. The lighting was ambient and was designed to highlight the food (according to my friend) and using your camera's on-board flash just might sabotage the look of the food.
Cost: 10/10 - we only paid Php1,000 (one thousand pesos) for everything. It's cheap considering that we had two types of viand, two cups of rice, one glass of ice tea each and dessert.

Recommendations:

If you are craving for Thai food that's easy on the budget, Mango Tree Bistro is the place to go.

Would we go back there? DEFINITELY!

I'm now thinking of going to another Thai restaurant just to compare prices and food quality. Till my next restaurant adventure then!






Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.