Anti Plagiarism

07 January 2011

Flying Pig - Eastwood City

It was a quiet morning, the first day of hubby's long vacation last December. We were thinking of going to the supermarket to shop for our Christmas Eve dinner.

Before we started on our errands, we decided to give the Flying Pig a try. Our feet and appetites brought us to the Eastwood City branch of the restaurant.



When we got there, the lunch rush was just about to start thank heavens. We were able to choose our seats and get comfortable as we asked for the menu from one of the crew members.

Our order consisted of the following:



The Banging Bagnet for me. When I saw the serving, my first thought was, Holy Pig! (yes, it wasn't holy cow that day!) How am I going to finish everything? Yes people, the serving was quite big.

Did I finish it? Yes, good thing it was brunch. We didn't eat breakfast at home so there was more than enough room for the delectable pig in front of me. The bagnet was served with two dips, the usual Mang Tomas dip (or something similar to gravy) and of course, spicy vinegar! All I could say is that, I thought I was flying with the flying pig at the first bite. Delicious!

How about hubby?

He got the grilled pork. Oh, don't be deceived by what you see. Hubby was telling me that he was having a hard time finishing it all up. The grilled pork was served with a side dish of steamed vegetables and let's just say that when I tried his food, I was glad that I am not a vegetarian. It was tender and juicy, not the usual dry, flaky grilled dish.

Are you now wondering why we had a hard time finishing everything up?

We went to the Flying Pig on a Monday and during weekdays, the restaurant serves their rice meals with the soup of the day and a glass of ice tea.

Before the main course was set on the table, we were given the soup of the day, a small bowl of tomato soup. When I first tried it, I thought it wasn't that delicious. But after the third spoonful, I started to appreciate the taste of the soup. Especially when I started eating it with the bread that they served. Oh, oh, yummy!

If you're not in a hurry and you're around Eastwood City, drift on over to the Flying Pig. They serve these great rice meals, with the free drinks and soup of the day during lunch hours, Monday to Friday.

I can't wait to head on over there again one of these days to try the items on their menu. Oh and before I forget, the soup and the main course were served with a good gap in between. Enough for one to savor and enjoy the food without feeling pressure to finish it all at once to get to the next food item.












Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted in Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.