Anti Plagiarism

10 January 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 1

I was inspired by my friend Jenn indirectly. We were both members of a group in Multiply before and the goal of the group was to finish a whole year's worth of photos (Project 365). Sadly though, I failed and failed miserably to complete the first two attempts.

After photographing my food to blog about for the last couple of months, I decided to take this Foodie 365 project. I hope it wouldn't be that hard to finish and I hope that I can post something new throughout the year. Without any further discussion, here are my photos for Foodie 365 from January 1st to January 7th.


Photobucket
01/365 - Thai Crispy Pork


Inspired by The Crispy Pork with Cilantro garnish from Jatujak, I decided to make my own version at home last New Year's Eve. The photo was taken a little after 12MN on the 1st of January. Hubby said that it tasted similar to that of what we ate from the restaurant. Happiness on the first day of the year.


Photobucket
02/365 - Spaghetti with Meat Sauce


I had some left over lean ground pork from the festivities during the holidays. On the first day of the new year, hubby requested that I make some spaghetti with meat sauce for dinner. Since we were still quite full from the day's food, I was only able to finish preparing this a little after midnight and we ate quite late.

Photobucket
03/365 - Adobong Manok


Our favorite, Adobong Manok. He requested this after eating all the pork that we can during the holidays. Sweet, sour and salty with lotsa garlic! Love it!


Photobucket
04/365 - Blueberry Pop Tarts


I first tasted Pop Tarts when my relatives from the U.S. sent us boxes of it a couple of years back. Last year, when hubby and I were shopping in the supermarket, we saw some boxes with labels that said Pop Tarts. We made a beeline for it and to our hearts' delight, they are the genuine things! We bought two boxes of this wonderful and yummy treats and it's been in our grocery list ever since. The photo above is of our favorite Pop Tarts flavor, Blueberry.

Photobucket
05/365 - Sausages and Bread


After the festivities and all the carefully prepared food from the holidays, we decided to go with a simple meal. Vienna sausages and some bread for lunch, not bad.

Photobucket
06/365 - Banoffee Pie from Starbucks


Thursday last week was shopping day for me. While whiling the time away, I decided to have coffee first and some dessert. My coffee shop of choice - Starbucks and my newest addiction when it comes to their pastries - Banoffee Pie. I have tasted some that are better than what Starbucks has to offer, but it's not bad either. Love it!


Photobucket
07/365 - Nilagang Baboy


It has been raining for the last couple of days here at the boondocks. So last Friday, I made some Pork Stew for our lunch. Hubby was so happy with it because it really warmed our bellies and it was delicious.