Anti Plagiarism

21 January 2011

It just got Old

Before I get started, I'd like to welcome y'all to my newly renovated kitchen. I hope you like your stay here. Now, on to business.

The Old Spaghetti House, Ali Mall
G/F Ali Mall, Araneta Center, Cubao
Quezon City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 913-7410


It has been said that in order for a dining experience to be great, one need not spend an arm and a leg. The only thing that is needed is good food and time to appreciate what is on the table.

The 6th of January 2011, hubby and I decided to try dishes from the Old Spaghetti House (Ali Mall Branch).



The facade and decor lent a vintage atmosphere to the place and boy, did it look really good. Cozy, warm, welcoming, seemed like a good choice over some other fastfood places in the mall.

So, we got settled in one of the corner seats, comfortable and like I said, cozy. The waiter gave us the menu and we scanned it, until we found some fish dishes. It was a little past 11AM, so we were thinking of brunch. We first ordered the fish fillet dish, but the waiter sadly informed us that they DO NOT have any fish dishes for the rest of the day. Urgh! Time to look for another meal.

Second choice - hubby ordered the chicken meal, I got one of their lunch meal combos and a strawberry shake.


When the chicken meal was placed on the table, hubby's first reaction was, "This is it? I mean really, this is all that I'm paying more than Php150 for?"


My meal was the beef a'la pobre with pasta, rice and salad. What were my first thoughts when I saw my meal? "Is this a salad? One piece of leaf cut in half, a pinch and I mean a pinch of grated crunchy thingies?"

Okay so we were hungry and we dug in, sue us. LOL





My meal came with a glass of iced tea which I gave to hubby, so I can order a glass of strawberry milkshake.

Here's our take on the food:

The Pan Glazed Chicken that hubby ordered is something that anyone, and I mean anyone can make in their own kitchen. Given the chicken was soft, but it was bland with a capital B. It's nothing memorable and as per hubby's words, he hated it. I got a bite or two and yes, I have to agree that there was nothing tasty about it.

My beef a'la pobre was too salty and the pasta on the plate, again bland with a capital B. The salads on our plates was nothing but a leaf with no special taste to it. Again, urgh! And the pasta, I thought they named the restaurant The Old Spaghetti House for a reason. I thought the saving grace of the meal that I ordered would be the pasta, unfortunately, it was its downfall.

Are you now wondering why the milkshake looks a little purple? Fear not, it's not because there's a conspiracy between the colors of my adobe photoshop to make it look like purple yam and the lighting conditions of the restaurant.

It looks that way because it was pale to begin with. I tried to adjust the colors, but it keeps showing up that way, so I just left it alone.

The color reflects the tastelessness of the milkshake. It's so watered down that I did not taste a hint of strawberry or milk. I wasn't able to finish it because of the not so good taste.

Would I recommend it? No, I'd say that you can go to another place that serves better tasting Italian food than this restaurant.

Value for the money? There's none. I would just make my own pasta and cook at home instead of going here.





Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted in Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.