|Dried Fruits Photo from Anyang Fengyu Trading Co., Ltd.|
Mangoes one of my favorite fruits. I really don't mind if the mango is still green, ripe and golden yellow or even dried.
But did you know that:
- Drying fruits is one of the oldest techniques in preserving fruits.
- Dried fruits is also a good way of getting some of the nutrients that your body needs.
- The only nutrient lost during the drying process is Vitamin C. However most of the nutrients remain intact.
- They also contain 60-70% natural sugars that can be easily digested and absorbed in the bloodstream.
- The easiest way is to leave it in the sun until it has reached the desired consistency, usually chewy and slightly tough.
Dried fruit information source can be found HERE