Anti Plagiarism

20 February 2011

Pastillas

One of my fondest food memories is about pastillas (a type of sweet made from milk). My memory was triggered by the pastillas from EngBeeTin, a chinese shop.


Photobucket
Photo from EngBeeTin


I always looked forward to days that my mom and I would go to Quiapo, the reason - we always went to Bakerite Bakery, located along 922 Hildalgo Street, Quiapo, Manila. During those days, almost everything was quite cheap and Bakerite products were no exception.

When ever I stepped into the bakery, I would feel giddy and happy. Mom would always let me walk around to look for the things that I would like to buy. My first stop would always be the area where they kept the pastillas. I think my mom thought that it was a good way to make me have my dose of milk, since I really hated drinking them in glasses. Pastillas of before used to made from pure milk without much sugar. Candies and Bakerite, great memories. I wish they're still open. Maybe one of these days, I'll check.

You may want to share your foodie memories with others as well, join me next Saturday when I open the Foodie Memories meme.

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!and      Photobucket