What you'll need
4 garlic cloves crushed
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 small pouch (6oz) tomato paste
1 big (16oz) can of diced tomatoes, undrained
3 teaspoons of dried basil leaves
salt to taste
sugar to taste
bread crumbs or breading mix
salt and pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1K of pork chops or pork cutlets (1/4in thick slices)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
3 tablespoons of butter (or margarine, depending on your preference)
slices of mozzarella cheese (available at local grocery stores)
grated parmesian cheese (also available at local grocery stores)
- Heat olive oil in a pan, over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion, until onion is caramelized.
- Add the tomato paste, saute in garlic and onion. Add the canned tomatoes along with the juice, sugar, basil and salt.
- Cover the pan and simmer over low heat.
- Stir occasionally and cook until sauce thickens (roughly 20mins).
- On a plate, mix bread crumbs, salt and pepper. (If you're using the pre-prepared breading mix, you can take out the salt and pepper to avoid over salting your pork).
- Dip pork into beaten eggs, coat with bread crumbs/breading.
- In a skillet, fry the pork in olive oil and butter until both sides are golden brown.
- After the pork is cooked, place the cutlets in a skillet and spoon marinara sauce over each cutlet. Top with grated parmesian cheese and mozzarella slice. Turn the heat to low, cover the skillet and cook until cheese melts.
Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.