Anti Plagiarism

05 February 2011

Pot-Pot a childhood memory


Photobucket
from: http://allianceonline.co.uk/

*When I was a child, it wasn't french fries inside this cone, it was those cheap cheese curls from street vendors...


I remember when I was a child, I would always hang out by the terrace of my grandmother's house. Patiently, I waited for the "potpot man" to arrive. I guess, the reason they called these cheese curls "potpot" is because of the horn that the vendor used those days. They made a funny sound that's similar to "potpot".

The men who sold these cheese curls would most often than not ask for broken plastic items in exchange for a small paper cone of potpot, or if you don't have any, they would sell them for about Php1.00. The cones that they used were made from old newspapers or torn pages of old telephone directories.

I don't see any of the old potpot vendors anymore and even if I do, I would probably be wondering now if these cheese curls are actually safe to eat. But then again, I'm here, aren't I?

My first post for

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!