Anti Plagiarism

14 March 2011

Foodie 365 - Week 10

It's the tenth week of my Foodie 365 project and I'm happy that I can take photos of the food that I eat every single day.

Without the need for long introductions, let me tease your palate with these food items that I ate last week.


Photobucket
64/365 - Halo-halo from Razon's


Summer is rearing its head and on some days, the temperature shoots up the sky. March 5th was one hot day, which prompted hubby and I to go and eat halo-halo. This one is sooooooo yummy! Love it! Will have it again on Saturday. =)


Photobucket
65/365 - Chicken Pineapple Menudo


After doing the grocery last Saturday, I decided to buy some chicken to make some chicken dishes at home. This is the first dish that I tried, chicken-pineapple menudo. It was different, but definitely worth it. I'd cook it again one of these days.


Photobucket
66/365 - Voortman's Chocolate Chip Cookie


Our new favorite chocolate chip cookies. A pack of this costs around Php125.00 (roughly USD3.5). I know it's quite expensive, but with the number of cookies inside the pack, I'd say it's similar to buying a locally produced chocolate chip cookie pack worth over Php45.00.


Photobucket
67/365 - My version of Karekareng Bagnet


Inspired by the Kare-kareng Bagnet from Pino Restobar, I decided to plunge into another kitchen experiment, making my own version of Kare-Kareng Bagnet. I wouldn't call the pork a real version of bagnet, but quite close enough. Don't worry, I had some shrimp paste (bagoong) on the side to make this dish really tasty. Hubby loved it, I loved it and it's one more recipe that I can put in my vault of recipes.

Photobucket
68/365 - Hotdogs


We had some leftover hotdogs from the time I made the chicken-pineapple menudo. What hubby did the night before we cooked these jumbo hotdogs was to buy pan de sal, the following day, he fried the hotdogs in lite butter and we enjoyed eating those tender juicy things with the soft pan de sal that he brought home.

Photobucket
69/365 - Chicken Caldereta


One more chicken dish that I love a lot. Chicken caldereta. I guess I can't express it enough that I love spicy food. =)

Photobucket
70/365 - Fried fish with tomatoes and salted egg


Something simple, yet really tasty - crispy fried galunggong with some tomatoes and salted egg. What more can a girl ask for?





Brightest Blessings!

Halie