Anti Plagiarism

18 April 2011

Weekend Feast #15

I forgot to include this dish in last week's post, so before I forget all about it again, let me start my post with this:

Photobucket


Sinigang na baboy - I love it! I swore not to eat pork anymore, but I'm a weakling, especially when some sour broth is calling out my name.

For sinigang, hubby and I both love it when the soup is thick and super sour. So what I did was to put two sachets of sinigang mix in it (good for 4 liters of water - but we only used two liters), one original and the other with taro (gabi). I also mashed some of the soft taro into the soup and the result - creamy sour goodness made in porky heaven.

For this weekend, I didn't get to cook much, except last Saturday when we decided to grill porkchops.

Photobucket


For it to taste good, what I did was:

> Marinade the pork 48 hours before cooking it.
> The marinade was made from 1 lemon - squeezed, 1 tablespoon of dried basil, 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder, 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, salt and pepper to taste and about 10 cloves of freshly chopped garlic.
> I refrigerated the pork and when I was about to cook it, I added 3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey to the marinade which I used to baste the pork while grilling it.
> I grilled the chops until the dripping juice from the meat turned clear. (That's when you know it's done)
> Served it with hot rice and enjoyed a good dinner with the hubby.

* Please take note that honey makes the meat look burnt as it chars really fast. Just an extra precaution, you may want to put little slats on the meat just to make sure that the meat is properly cooked inside as well. You don't want to serve raw meat to your love ones.

badge made by willa



Brightest Blessings!
Halie