Anti Plagiarism

20 May 2011

Sbarro's

I'd like to apologize for the delay of the posting of this review. Blogger had to undergo maintenace last Friday (at least according to them), thus the delay.

Hubby and I love Italian food and since our bellies were complaining when we went to SM Megamall two weeks ago, we decided to go to the first restaurant that we saw that serves pizza and pasta. Sbarro seemed to be the most logical choice that time.

Here's what we had:

Photobucket


Lasagna, I think y'all know by now that I love lasagna. This serving was so huge that hubby and I had to share in order to finish it.

The taste, it was with the right amount of the sour tomato taste that we love.

The downside, there was just not enough meat in it. The first bites were all filled with the sauce and pasta, but we were looking for the meat.


Photobucket


Hubby had a slice of their meaty pizza. I had a bite or two of it and it was good. Cheesy with the right amount of gooey-ness to it.


Photobucket


My choice of pizza - Hawaiian. I got full from this slice so I wasn't able to eat much of the lasagna. But I didn't regret it. The thin, chewy crust of this pizza made the whole thing easy to eat.

Pros of Sbarro

* Quite affordable (we paid less than Php500 for the meal which included two large glasses of ice tea)

* Big servings

* Delicious food

Cons

* When we placed our order for the pizza, the server asked us if we want to have our pizza with mozarella cheese. We said, "Of course we do." When we saw our bill, we saw an extra charge for the cheese on our pizza.

I don't agree with this style of upselling. The staff of Sbarro are ill trained with bad business practice. They were trained to suggest things to the customers WITHOUT informing them that they would be charged for it. (This is actually the second time we experienced this. The first time this happened was when we went to Sbarro in Ali Mall, the staff there asked me about my preference for my lasagna, would it be meatballs, tomato sauce, etc. They also asked us for our preferred cheese on our pizza - mozarella, etc. What we didn't know was that they were actually putting EXTRA stuff on our food and that we would be charged for it. I complained to the manager of the restaurant and it seems like management didn't listen.)

Sbarro should really change this very bad practice. People eat in their restaurant because of their food, but I for one DO NOT want to be fooled by false advertising or upselling techniques. If I want something extra on my food, I'll order it myself. I don't need someone suggesting something to me and then CHARGE me for it.

Upselling should be a suggestion but is it too hard to ask the customer if they want "EXTRA" something on their food. The mere fact that one is asked for additional or extra whatever would give the message that they would be charged for it.

The food may be good, but if this restaurant keeps on doing this to their customers, I would NOT be surprised if first time customers would not go back again.

My suggestion, if you eat at Sbarro and someone asks you if you want something, if you say yes, please be prepared to see an extra charge on your receipt. If  you're not willing to pay for a suggestion, please say no.

                 FTFBadge

Brightest Blessings!

Halie



PhotobucketPhotobucket