Anti Plagiarism

24 June 2011

Chefs' Quarter

Happy Friday people! It's been raining heavily for the past couple of days here at home and I was reminded that I haven't shared these yet.

Chefs' Quarter
SM Megamall Branch
Level 3 SM Mega Atrium, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City
Tel No: (02) 401.3658
Telefax: (02) 706.5336

It was my birthday a couple of weeks back and hubby decided to take me out to a nice restaurant for lunch. We couldn't decide where to go so we tossed up a coin and SM Megamall won. The restaurant of choice: Chefs' Quarter which mainly served French dishes - loved it!

What we had:

Appetizers

Hubby's choice was the French Onion Soup Php150.00

Photobucket


I tried it and I must say that they cooked it to perfection. I love that the top was crusty and the onions were naturally sweet. I never imagined that I would love onions when they are served as soup.

My choice: Waldorf Salad (Solo) Php150.00

Photobucket


The freshness of the apples really gave this salad a great taste. The salad was not served with its typical mayo dressing, I think the restaurant served it with their own blend of vinaigrette.

Entree

Hubby's Choice: Beef Stroganoff Php250.00

Photobucket


I tried it and compared to other stroganoff servings that we tried, this one was definitely a LOT better.

I wouldn't say that I'm a fan, but if you're the type who loves stroganoff, the serving from the Chefs' Quarter is highly recommended.

My Choice: Chef's Quarter Steak Php295.00

Photobucket


The best thing that I could say about this is that the steak was not dry. It was juicy done to perfection. I don't like medium rare steaks, I mean, I like my steaks dead and well done, not bloody and looks undead. Although the meat was well done, it was still tender and the juice of the meat was...

...I just ran out of words! And the veggies that came with it, crunchy right on the spot!

Dessert

Hubby's Choice: Warm Apple Pudding Php100.00

Photobucket


Photobucket


When it comes to sweets I really am not fond of caramel, but the caramel of this warm apple pudding was not just an olfactory feast, it was also a feast for the palate.

My choice: Mango Brazo Php70.00

Photobucket


Not your typical slice of Brazo. It was refreshing and naturally sweetened by the ripe mangoes. The ample drizzle of the mango sauce gave it a little more flavor, not overpowering but it added some texture and a natural sweetness. Compared to regular brazo, this one is also fluffy, soft, but it had its own firmness that makes you aware that you are chewing something other than air. Oh and the size of the slice, definitely worth your Php70 bucks.

Verdict:

Food: Let's just say that we went back to the restaurant two weeks after our first visit!
Service: For what ever we reason we forgot to order drinks on our visit, but the staff of the restaurant paid good attention to their patrons. They were able to refill our water glasses quickly that it seemed like we never drank from it.
Price: Total expenses Php1,150.00 for two people. I'd say that it wasn't that bad since we paid for a three course meal, Appetizers - Main Course - Dessert.

Recommendations:

Highly recommended.

If you're interested about their Catering Services, you may contact them at:

Chefs' Quarters
Level I Midtown Wing, Robinson's Place Manila, Adriatico cor Pedro Gil St. Malate, Manila
(02) 381.3449 | 381.7716
Fax: (02) 567.1910
Mobile Numbers: (0920) 924.3044 | (0926) 743.8863

You may also visit them at their other branches/restaurants

Old Vine Grille by Chefs' Quarter
Unit A 119, Level 1, Eastwood Mall, Eastwood City
Tel No. (02) 706.5573
Fax: (02) 706.5574

Old Vine Grille by Chefs' Quarter
The Venice Piazza McKinley Hill Town Center, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Tel Nos. (02) 836.4966 | 836.4969
Fax: (02) 836.4970

Uncle Cheffy Brick Oven Global Cuisine
Unit A216 and 201 Level 2, Eastwood Mall, Eastwood City
Tel No. (02) 383.7215
Fax: (02) 470.2750

Uncle Cheffy II
Unit C Bellagio II-Forbes Town Center, Rizal Dr. cor Burgos Circle, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Tel No. (02) 659.8030
Fax: (02) 659.8031

Kuse Traditional Filipino Cuisine
The Venice Piazza, McKinley Town Center Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
Tel Nos. (02) 836.4966 | 836.4969
Fax: (02) 836.4970

Beurre Blanc
2nd Level Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila, Newport, Pasay City
Tel Nos: (02) 836.4342 | 659.4020
Mobile: (0920) 924.3044

                FTFBadge

Brightest Blessings!

Halie




PhotobucketPhotobucket