Anti Plagiarism

30 June 2011

Food Photography Tip # 3 | Down Low

I'm a fan of Digital Photography School and I really find their tips most useful.


According to the tips on the website there are times when a high angle would really make your food photos look good, but there are times that taking a photo of your food using an angle that is slightly lower may make a better impact.

The author stated that many new food photographers make that slight mistake of photographing their food from a very high angle. From my experience, I would say that the reason for this is, many new food photographers think that the best way to present their food is by taking a photo of the whole plate and most often than not, taking a photo from a high angle really does a great job.

But Darren Rowse, the author suggests that you may want to take your camera lower, at plate level or just a little slightly above your food's plate.

I would ask you, of the two photos posted above, which one looks better? I'd go for the second one. The first photo was taken with me standing while the plate was on a stool. The second photo was taken at plate level.

Brightest Blessings!

Halie

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.


PhotobucketPhotobucket