Anti Plagiarism

31 July 2011

Rustan's and Thermos Celebrating Health | Cooking for Health

I am a proud Thermos user from since I can remember. When I received the invitation for Rustan's and Thermos' event memories came flooding back. I remember those days when I went to school carrying two Thermos jugs, one for cold drinks and the other for hot drinks. Being a believer in the product, I was excited to check out the event and see what this brand has come up with.

Hubby and I arrived at the venue a little early which actually gave us some time to photograph some of the products that were on display.

The event was held at the spacious Grand Atrium of Shangri-La Plaza.

At the start of the event, Thermos Head of Brand Marketing Mr. King del Rosario introduced the products - the star of the show so to speak.


If you want to read about his thoughts about the event, you can visit him HERE.

The host of the event, Ms. Mary Viernes made it lively with her wit, which was matched perfectly by Chef Nino Laus' (of Ninyo's Fusion Cuisine) humor, wit and of course his cooking skills. His prowess in the kitchen was shown via a video showcase. If you're interested to learn about the recipes that he shared yesterday, you may watch the videos at Thermos' Official Facebook Page.


After each of the recipe videos, a game was played wherein the hosts asked questions related to the recipe and the star of the event - The Thermos Stainless Steel Cookware Set. It was a fun game! Aside from learning some thing new, a lucky participant would also win some Thermos items and of course five lucky participants were able to take home one piece from the Cookware Set!


Yes, my dear readers. A lucky guy went home with an original Thermos Stainless Steel Wok from the Stainless Steel Cookware Set. If you're a cooking enthusiast like me, then you can't help but be green with envy!

And of course that was the event, but let's go on to the real STARS of the show! The Thermos brand products!

Like what I said, memories came flooding back when I got the invitation, but more memories flooded when I saw the products on display.


Talking with one of the representatives of Thermos, I was informed that there are products which can keep hot drinks warm and cold drinks cold for hours, just like that little container which held the ice cream.

Now who wouldn't trust a brand that has a product that can keep ice cream from melting? As you can see, the sticker on the lid of the product states the time when the ice cream was placed inside the container. About two or three hours have passed from when the ice cream was placed inside that cute Thermos container to the time that I arrived and took this photo.

Okay, those are the stars of the event. But here are the SUPERSTARS of the event.


The product which was launched yesterday was the Stainless Steel Cookware Set. And these babies are not your average kitchen pots, these are top of the line must haves for food, cooking and kitchen enthusiasts. These lovely woks, pots and pans are made from 5 layers of quality materials. The 1st and last layers are made from 18/10 high quality stainless steel, the 2nd and 4th layers are made from High Heat Conducting Aluminium Alloy and the third layer is made from Aluminium Alloy. 

I know these sound all technical to you, to simplify things, the use of these layers and materials mean that you can be assured of even heat distribution which means that you don't need to worry about your food being cooked on one side and raw on the other. The lid of this cookware set also help in ensuring that the flavor and all the necessary vitamins and minerals would not escape during the cooking process through evaporation. 

I say, these babies are now officially included on my Christmas wishlist!

As if the delicious recipes shared by Chef Nino and the snacks that were served after the event were provided by Cravings were not enough, every guest was able to take home a Thermos Travel Mug which is perfect for those who are working or even if you're just a stay-at-home person who does not like drinks spilling all over the place!

Disclaimer:

Although I was invited to the event by Thermos, all the opinions on this post are solely mine. As I have mentioned, I have been a Thermos user for a long time and I believe in the quality of the products brought about by years of personal experiences.

Even if Chef Nino was more than generous enough to not only share his recipes during his video presentation, but through printed recipe cards as well, I deem it more prudent not to share his recipes here on my blog. If you are interested to watch the videos of his recipes, please visit the Official Thermos Brand Facebook Page.


Brightest Blessings!

Halie


Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.

PhotobucketPhotobucket