Anti Plagiarism

25 July 2011

Sinigang na Baboy | Pork in Tamarind Broth


It was raining hard yesterday and we had the perfect food for the cold weather - Sinigang!

How do I love my sinigang?

I love it when its minimal. I only put the following veggies in my sinigang: Okra, eggplant and taro (gabi). I also love it when it's really sour - I use two 2 liter sachets of tamarind broth (one original and the other one with gabi, which makes the soup thick as well) which is good for 4 liters, but I only use about a liter to two liters of water.

Memories that it brings: Mom used to say that I don't eat pork. I would only eat gabi and the broth with a little patis (fish sauce) with my rice and that was it. My other fond memory of this dish is this: My sister was not really a kitchen person but when she got married, she was able to prepare one of the best sinigang I have ever tasted. I guess it's because sinigang is so easy to prepare that she mastered it without much effort. And lastly, when I was a child, I remember my mom preparing sinigang using fresh tamarinds, she'd boil them then mash them, but she was thankful when this ready made sinigang mix came out in the market.

If you have any food memories or fond food stories to share, you can link up with me using the comment luv gadget in the comments section. Thanks!

Brightest Blessings!

Halie

Update: 07 July 2017: Sorry for the missing photos. My images used to be hosted on Photobucket and Now I can't download them to transfer them to another site so I can show them again here.


PhotobucketPhotobucket