Anti Plagiarism

27 January 2012

Halayang Ube

Photobucket


FTFBadge  

Among the many recipes that I have learned from my mom, this one is my favorite. I learned to make Purple Yam desserts when she made it into a business and I started helping out. So, when I saw some purple yam when I went to the market, I decided to make some last Chinese New Year.

What you'll need:

1/2 K Purple Yam
1 small can condensed milk
1 small can evaporated milk
1/4 K of white sugar
1/4 stick of butter
1L of water

What you need to do:

Boil the yam in water until it becomes tender. Take it out of the water, peel of the skin and grate it in a small pan.
Add both cans of milk, sugar and half of the butter 
Place the pan on top of the stove and start stirring. You will know that the yam is cooked once it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Let the yam cool down for a few minutes then start placing it in moulds. 

*Use the remaining butter to smoothen the surface of the yam and mold it.

Brightest Blessings!

Halie



PhotobucketPhotobucket